Foss History

Foss was built upon the compassionate spirit of Dr. L. C. Foss and the Lutheran Welfare Society during the Great Depression.  Dr. Foss was a remarkable pioneer and Lutheran pastor who provided inspirational leadership and life-time service to others.  Our organization continues to embrace this same life-giving spirit in our commitment to meeting the changing needs of older adults.

1929 – L.C. Foss Sunset Home was established and became home for 20 residents.

1957 – Moved to the present location on 130th and Greenwood and increased our capacity to serve 56 residents.

1970 – The addition of a two-story building enabled Foss to meet the increased demand for nursing care.

1995 – Added a state-of-the-art kitchen, six assisted living cottages and short term rehabilitation services.  The organization officially changed its name to Foss Home and Village.

2012 – Foss opened the Andrea King Rehabilitation Center and added rehabilitation therapy program.